My Blue kitty went back to the vet tonight after having another down-hill day health wise. He is losing red blood cells and they do not know why. In my desperation to bide some time, I opted for the blood transfusion option. After getting home and talking to my husband on the phone (he is 700 miles away on business), we decided it would be best to let him go. He is in too much pain, and we're afraid that all we are doing is prolonging the inevitable.
I hope he gets to spend forever in the grassy sunshine-fields that he always adored so much.
This is one of the hardest decisions of my life. I will miss him so much! =( If tears could stain a blog, this one would be soaked in them..