We all know how time consuming keywording can be, but it really is a vital stage of uploading that should be given just as much thought as the taking of and the processing of the image.
Yesterday, I had a spare hour and so thought I would look at some of my images to see if I could improve the keywords. I removed some and also added quite a few new ones. I also had a go at using Yuri Arcurs really useful keywording tool to see if this would make any difference to the words that I was coming up with. It certainly did! My best selling image is actually an abstract black and white concept photo that I uploaded a while back. I actually wasn't sure if would get approved as it is quite different to the images I usually upload from my travels. I'm pleased to say that it is now a level 5 image. However, I took the time yesterday to check its keywords and in using Yuri Arcurs keyworder I discovered a word that I hadn't yet put on my image - "salvation". This was a new way of looking at my image and what it could mean to a buyer, so I added it to my keywords.
Less than 3 hours after adding the new word I sold the very same image under the keyword...."salvation"!! So it just goes to show that spending a little while going through your keywords and looking at your images in a new light certainly does reap rewards. Thanks too to Yuri Arcurs' website which I will definitely visit again - Yuri's website
. It helped me see my image in a new light by suggesting a totally different concept keyword.