Travel insurance for photographers

posted on 14th of may, 2012
Hi guys,

Am going on a trip next month in June and wanted to know if anyone knows how travel insurance for camera equipment works or what company offers competitive rates. Thanks in advance!!

Comments (4)

Posted by Darwinsm81 on May 15, 2012
Thanks a lot guys for the information, I really appreciated. I actually do have rental insurance which covers my equipment. It was a hard lesson to learn because my apartment got robbed. Thank god I didn't have my camera at the time!!

The problem is if the insurance company finds out the camera is used for commercial use, the quote overall will increase drastically. That's why am trying to find a company that I can just insure it for this trip only.
Posted by BCritchley on May 15, 2012
I get my all my camera gear insured for travel as part of my home insurance package. It allows me something like 60 days travel. I made sure they have a list of my gear and im insured for theft, loss and accidental damage etc. Even covered if i just leave it on a park bench and walk off. Off the top of my head it only works out at about 10 pounds a month extra. Stand alone polocirs are way more expensive.
Posted by FabioConcetta on May 15, 2012
When I make long trips, I always keep my equipment to strict to me, in a comfortable backpack technical, port two goals, body, filters, battery chargers and flash.

This article has been read 514 times.
About Me
New York City, US
May (1)
Exclusive user Blogs
    Search the blogs!
Latest articles (RSS 2.0 )
  Travel insurance for photographers
  A day to remember - September 11 memorial
  First tutorial: Precise Whiteout...
  Congrats to Japan for winning the Woman's World cup
  I just cant believe finally 300 sales !!!
  First Blog, 100 Uploads

Create your own blog in seconds...
My favourite articles
More favorite articles

Related image searches

insurance travel photography equipment vacation

Travel related stock images