So here is a controlled way of pushing colour to your liking using an adjustment layer and the Channel Mixer.
Ensure your image has the correct white balance and tones before proceeding.
1. I like to always duplicate the background. (Ctrl+J - windows)
2. From the Layers pallet, go to the bottom choose the "Create new fill or adjustment layer" button and choose > Channel Mixer.
3. The Channel Mixer window opens on your red output channel, here you dial in +144% red; -20% green and blue.
4. Go to the green output channel dropdown and make Green +144% and red and blue -20%.
5. Go to the blue output channel dropdown and make your blue source channel +144% and the red and green source channels -20% each. Click on OK.
6. You now have a Channel Mixer layer added to your duplicate...
[ Read more...