Sweet dark plums are wrapped in a potato dough, and boiled before rolling in sweetened toasted bread crumbs. mmmmmm
I've done them on last Saturday, and made some pictures while doing it. It was quite a hard job to do two such things in the same time. :)
Try it! ( cooking, not photographing)
* 4 large russet potatoes
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 tablespoon butter, softened
* 2 eggs
* 1/4 cup farina
* 1 cup all-purpose flour, or as needed
* camera set on timmer * lens with wide apperture
* tripod, * two opened bags that would be used as gloves * 12 Italian prune plums
* 12 cubes white sugar * 1/2 cup butter, melted
* 1/4 cup white sugar
* 1 cup dry bread crumbs * additional melted butter and sugar for garnish (optional), or sour cream and cinnamon
1. Scrub potatoes, and place them into a large pot with enough water to cover. bring to a boil, and cook until tender, about 40 minutes. Drain, and cool. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel, and press through a ricer .
2.Mix together the prepared potatoes, salt, egg, and 1 tablespoon of butter until well blended. Gradually stir in the farina, and then the flour. If dough is still wet, more flour can be mixed in. Turn dough out onto a floured surface, and knead until smooth, about 5 to 10 minutes. 3. Split open each plum where it cracks, and remove the pit. Replace each pit with a sugar cube, and close.
4. On a floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into twelve 3 inch squares. Place one plum into each square, and bring the corners around to the top. Pinch together all of the seams to seal. 5. Bring a large pot of water to a slow boil. Place about 4 dumplings into the water at a time. Once they float to the surface, continue to cook them for about 5 more minutes. Transfer cooked dumplings to a covered bowl, and keep warm.
6. Melt the remaining 1/2 cup of butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Stir in bread crumbs, and 1/4 cup of sugar. Continue to cook and stir until browned. Remove the bread crumbs to a plate, and roll warm dumplings in the mixture until entirely coated. To serve, place a dumpling or two on a plate, sprinkle with a little sugar and a little extra melted butter, if desired.
Ooooo, I forgott to take a picture of a finished meal, they were sooo tasty, that I've forgotten :)
I guess I should do it today again .... plums are still available on the market.
Interact, make friends, share tips and techniques, have fun. Dreamstime wants your ideas and thoughts whether you are a photographer, designer or regular user. Create a blog to tell your story, promote favorite images and photographers, post tutorials or simply exchange opinions with your with fellow dreamstimers.
Don't forget words and pictures go great together so make sure you choose some Dreamstime favorite pics to brighten your article. For inspiration, check out the hottest or the most useful blogs on the left.
Create a blog to tell your story, promote favorite stock images and photographers