2) IT'S WORTH IT. Face it: if I wasn't playing around on DT I'd just be surfing the net or on FB. At least this generates a return on my time (no matter how tiny!)
3) LIGHT IS EVERYTHING. When I started, I'd shoot in any lighting condition. Now I know light is like oxygen, and if I don't have enough, my shoot will struggle from the start.
4) YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE PRO GEAR. I don't own a single light - or even a proper flash .. But I'm enjoying using 5 mini headlamp lights we take camping to light my images.
5) DT IS ADDICTIVE. I didn't realise when I stumbled across this hobby how satisfying and addictive it could be.
6) STOP CHECKING NUMBERS AND GO SHOOT SOMETHING. I'd hate to discover how many hours I've spent in the past year, just checking my numbers. And not just download numbers, but view number and collection numbers. STOP IT! Go out and shoot something instead and the numbers will look after themselves.
7) I LIKE THIS COMMUNITY. So many interesting people on a fun journey of learning.
8) I HAVE A DREAM. I particularly like seeing folks from non-wealthy nations scratching out a living on DT. Which got me thinking. Our family supports a home in a 3rd world country for kids rescued from slavery and prostitution. What if we could resource one of this teenagers with a camera and the skills to eek out a living via DT. To us the revenue is just a couple of US dollars, but in many 3rd world countries that translates into enough money to put rice on the table and keep the wolf from the door.
Thanks for reading and for creating a great community.
Interact, make friends, share tips and techniques, have fun. Dreamstime wants your ideas and thoughts whether you are a photographer, designer or regular user. Create a blog to tell your story, promote favorite images and photographers, post tutorials or simply exchange opinions with your with fellow dreamstimers.
Don't forget words and pictures go great together so make sure you choose some Dreamstime favorite pics to brighten your article. For inspiration, check out the hottest or the most useful blogs on the left.
Create a blog to tell your story, promote favorite stock images and photographers