https://blog.dreamstime.com/2012/07/18/technical-error_art37815 to comment on this previous blog concerning a Java problem when uploading photos on DT.
I found I too was having a problem when trying to upload photos on DT after installing the new Java version. I have Windows 7 32-bit. I installed the requested/required new version of Java. After installation, the Java coffee cup icon would continue to circle endlessly. It froze my computer, in which the only solution was to restart. The previous blog had suggested that it may be DT that is not able to support this new Java version, a few suggestions were given on how to overcome this (ie. upload using FTP), but I found a solution. If this is happening to you here's what fixed my issue....it's the window 7 firewall.
1) Click "Start"
2) Open "Control Panel"
3) click on green "System and Security"
4) Click on green "Window Firewall"
5) on Left, click "Allow a Program or feature through Windows Firewall"
6) Click on "Change Settings" (shaded out, after clicking all are able to be selected)
7) scroll down and look for "Java (TM) Web start Launcher"
8) check the box, click "ok"
OR if you don't see the "Java (TM) Web start Launcher"
6) Click on "Change Setting"
7) Click "Allow another Program" (at the bottom of the list)
8) Another window will open, has a list of programs, BUT Java is probably NOT there
9) click "Browse", at bottom of list next to path search bar
10) Another window opens, you need to find the Java path
C:Program Files (x86)OracleJavaFX 2.1 Runtimebin
11) on left, click "Computer"
12) a drop down list will open, click "Local Disk (C:)"
13) a drop down list will open, click "Program File (x86)"
14) a drop down list will open, scroll down, click on "Oracle"
15) a drop down list will open, click on "JavaFX 2.1 Runtime"
16) a drop down list will open, click on "bin"
17) a drop down list will open, look at the files on the right, click on "javaws"
18) javaws will highlight, once highlighted click on "open"
19) that window will close and you'll see the "add program window"
20) scroll to find the "Java (TM) Web Start Launcher", select and highlight
21) click "Add" at bottom of list
22) that window will close, now you should see the list of programs with check boxes next to them
23) find "Java (TM) Web Start Launcher" and make sure there is a check in the box on the left and a check in the "Public" box
24) Click "ok"
25) that window will close and bring you back to the "Windows Firewall" window, just hit the "X" on top right corner to close the window.
THAT'S IT! Restart you're computer, go to DT website and you should now be able to upload your photos! I'll keep an eye on this post and see if there are anymore problems you guys may have that i could help with...