In the 14th century it was rebuilt by Jogaila and Jadwiga of Poland. Their reign saw the addition of the tower called the Hen's Foot (Kurza Stopka) and the Danish Tower
The Wawel Royal Castle and the Wawel Hill constitute the most historically and culturally important site in Poland. For centuries the residence of the kings of Poland and the symbol of Polish statehood, the Castle is now one of the country’s premier art museums. Established in 1930, the museum encompasses ten curatorial departments responsible for collections of paintings, including an important collection of Italian Renaissance paintings, prints, sculpture, textiles, among them the Sigismund II Augustus tapestry collection, goldsmith’s work, arms and armor, ceramics, Meissen porcelain, and period furniture. The museum’s holdings in oriental art include the largest collection of Ottoman tents in Europe. With seven specialized conservation studios, the museum is also an important center for the conservation of works of art.
In 1520 the Royal Sigismund Bell was cast, by Hans Behem, in bronze; it is the largest of the five bells hanging in the Sigismund Tower and was named to honour King Sigismund I the Old. It weighs almost 13 tonnes (28 thousand pounds) and requires 12 bell-ringers to toll it. It's rung only on special occasions, mostly religious and national holidays, and is regarded as one of the country's national symbols.
And now one of the many legends of the Wawel Hill
The Wawel Chakra.
The Wawel Chakra (Polish: czakram wawelski) - a place on Wawel hill in Krakow in Poland which is believed to emanate powerful spiritual energy. It is believed to be one of the world's main centers of spiritual energy . The Wawel Chakra is said to be one of a few strongest places of power on the Earth, which - like a chakra in the human body functions in (esoteric) energetic system of Earth.
The very center of Wawel Chakra is situated under St. Gereon’s chapel which was built in 11th century and is located between Royal Castle and Wawel’s Cathedral - in the north-west corner of Wawel's courtyard.
Chakra stone guards Wawel’s hill, and thus - the whole city.