I did some statistics today on my portfolio here on Dreamstime, and I thought I would share the results, in case anyone else is interested. Just to be clear from the beginning: images = photos + illustrations.
Online images = 183. Sold images = 104 (56.8%)
Online photos = 120. Sold photos = 39 (32.5%)
Online illustrations = 63. Sold illustrations = 65 (103.2%)
By the subject of photo:
- photos of people = 33 online / 3 sold (9.1%)
- landmarks, architecture, cityscapes, statues = 60 online / 30 sold (50%)
- landscapes = 14 online / 4 sold (28.6%)
- animals, birds = 7 online / 2 sold (28.6%)
Total number of sold photos = 39
out of which:
- photos of people = 3 (7.7%)
- landmarks, architecture, cityscapes, statues = 30 (76.9%)
- landscapes = 4 (10.3%)
- animals, birds = 2 (5.1%)
Interact, make friends, share tips and techniques, have fun. Dreamstime wants your ideas and thoughts whether you are a photographer, designer or regular user. Create a blog to tell your story, promote favorite images and photographers, post tutorials or simply exchange opinions with your with fellow dreamstimers.
Don't forget words and pictures go great together so make sure you choose some Dreamstime favorite pics to brighten your article. For inspiration, check out the hottest or the most useful blogs on the left.
Create a blog to tell your story, promote favorite stock images and photographers